EFEO grants – 2nd semester 2022
The French School of the Far East (EFEO) offers grants allowing students to study in Asia in the EFEO Centers.
- Lump sum allowance for the cost of living in the field.
- The monthly amount of scholarships varies from 700 euros to 1360 euros depending on the level of the candidate (Master II, doctoral student) and the country of residence.
- The duration varies from 1 to 6 months, depending on the research program.
- NB: Master II students cannot apply for a scholarship lasting more than two months.
- Research in the humanities or social sciences relating to the civilizations of Asian countries.
- Students in Master II Research, doctoral students, or holders of any other diploma recognized as equivalent.
- Knowledge of languages relevant to the planned field research.
Constitution of the dossier
- Letter of motivation for the attention of the Director of the EFEO specifying the period of stay desired, the EFEO Center concerned, the funding from which the candidate already benefits and the other grants requested.
- One to five page research project presenting the work program, timetable and a budget.
- Curriculum vitae with proof of titles held (photocopy or scan of diplomas)
- Letter of recommendation from the thesis or research supervisor.
- Copy of an identity document and student card (to be sent separately by post to the EFEO land allowances department, 22 avenue du President Wilson, 75116 Paris).
Online: by creating an account that will allow you to access a application form.
You will be able to access your personal space at any time and modify/complete your application until the deadline for submission as long as you have not clicked on the “submit your application” button.
You will be asked to attach supporting documents in pdf format only.
Link to the page dedicated to this call on the EFEO website.